This is how you can take a screenshot using your Kindle device.
Fire 2, Fire HD 7 and Fire HD 8.9
For Kindles purchased during the late year of 2012.
- Simultaneously press Power + Volume down button until you see and hear a confirmation.
- This is the default Android procedure for taking a screenshot.
For Kindles purchased from 2011 to summer of 2012
- Install the Android SDK on your computer.
- Make sure you have the Kindle Fire USB driver installed (Amazon instructions).
- Plug in your Kindle Fire to your computer via USB.
- Go to your Android tools directory (should be something like C:\Program Files(x86)\Android\android-sdk-windows\tools) and then scroll down until you see a file labeled “ddms” and double click on it.
- A window will pop up and then you should see the Dalvik Debug Monitor.
- Your device should be listed under name so click on it.
- Now choose Device and Screen capture from the top menu in Dalvik.
- A window will pop up showing your Kindle Fire screen and you can hit Save to capture a screenshot. You’ll need to hit Refresh to update for a new screenshot
- You’ll be prompted to save it at a location on your computer. Choose a spot.